Book your free place and help create the food system you want
Three conferences, to be held across Forth Valley this Spring, will celebrate food success stories and generate ideas for a local food system ready to meet the region’s pressing social, environmental and economic needs. The free events will include workshops on a range of food topics, a chance to exhibit your own local initiatives and networking opportunities, as well as a long-table lunch showcasing the best of the Forth Valley.
!Join us to explore how we make Forth Valley a place known for good food that:
- Promotes healthy and sustainable food to the public;
- Tackles food poverty, diet-related ill health and access to affordable healthy food;
- Builds community food knowledge, skills, resources and projects;
- Promotes a vibrant and diverse sustainable food economy;
- Transforms catering and food procurement;
- Reduces waste and the ecological footprint of the food system.
Book your place using the links below:
The first in our series of events will be held on 20th April in Clackmannanshire. Stirling follows on 19th May and Falkirk on 21st May. Each one day event will bring people together to connect over good food. As the Good Food Nation Act moves closer with the requirement for detailed local food plans, this opportunity to look at all aspects of food in the Forth Valley has never been more timely.
Each day will include:
- Long Table Lunch and Networking
- Keynote Speakers
- Shared Learning from other Food Partnerships
- Cycle Bus to the event
- Help to shape the Food Action Plan
- We’ll be joined by coordinators from all over Scotland coming together for Scotland’s Sustainable Food Places Network meet up, so there will be plenty of inspiration and shared learning to be had throughout the event